FortifyData, a global cyber security risk management platform provider, announced the release of its next-generation FortifyScore. Built with FortifyData’s deep expertise, the data-driven FortifyScore gives businesses unparalleled configurability, predictive and descriptive power to make more informed decisions about cyber security risk management strategies.
Similar to the previous score, the next generation FortifyScore ranges on a numbered scale from 300 to 900 points, with a higher score indicating a stronger cyber security posture for the assessed company. This type of rating system might look familiar, but what sets FortifyData’s next-generation score apart from other cyber security models in the industry are:
- Pioneering of advanced machine learning/AI techniques in the score development process to further enhance predictive power.
- Incorporation of new data sources that give a more holistic view of the security risk a business is exposed to.
- Signature configurability of our FortifyData cyber risk score to fit specific risk assessment needs.
- Introduction of automated reason codes to better understand the score variations over time.
The company’s data science/analytics team strictly adheres to the best practices and general guidelines put in place to validate the quality and usefulness of the next generation FortifyScore. The score development methodology aligns with “Principles for Fair and Accurate Security Ratings” set by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the qualitative risk assessment methodology adheres to the NIST Risk Management Framework: SP 800-37.
“We are confident the next generation of FortifyData’s score provides a more robust and precise representation of an organization’s cyber security risk exposure,” said FortifyData Founder and CTO Victor Gamra.
The disparity between the legacy score and second-generation score is due to a combination of the new approach explained above and the following factors:
- Recalibration of the weights of the risk factors based on new risk trends.
- Redefining of risk factors as well as new data sources incorporated in the model.
- Odds re-alignment to ensure consistency in the appreciation of the score tiers going forward.
FortifyData plans to monitor the new score while simultaneously phasing out the legacy score over the next 90 days, but the timeline could be adjusted based upon client feedback. To learn more about this exciting new cyber risk management technology, FortifyData is hosting a live demonstration on Friday, March 27. To register, access https://go.fortifydata.com/webinarregistration.
Founded in 2015, FortifyData is committed to guarding companies of all sizes from the threats of cyber crime. Founded by cyber security experts who have lived on the front lines of cyber attacks, FortifyData looks at the threats from cyber security multidimensionally. This means evaluating every aspect of your cyber posture—including third parties, technology, processes and personnel—and doing it continuously. Find more information at www.fortifydata.com.